A lot of countries celebrate summer as one of the most important seasons, especiallly the ancient civilizations (the Romans, the ancient Greeks, even the Egyptians were praying to the Sun God and were hoping he would succeed in his battle against the moon and the night) and indeed, what’s there not to celebrate? The beautiful warm sun, the clear blue skies, all those children running around and playing freely, the fresh breeze of the sea and, of course, the fashion sense that everybody’s showing off, now that they are no longer trapped in the huge sweaters and hoodies, the long and thick pants and the raincoats they used to wear all year round.
So here we are and here we go… enjoy the most exquisite summer skirts ever.
1. Short, white and frilly, with a brown belt and a jeans shirt, this skirt is perfect for going out with friends and enjoying every minute of summer, like we’re supposed to.
2. A romatic vintage look for the colder nights/days. The beautiful skirt is accessorized with a narrow leather belt, a brown retro bag, stockings and an XXL blouse.
3. How about a peach skirt made entirely out of lace? Combined with a black simple top and black high-heels, this skirt will make all heads turn around and everybody will appreciate your fashion style.
4. Let’s bring the hippie style back and make it more modern! All you need is a lace skirt with retro influences (the skirt can be knitted or semi see-through, it can even be made of organic fabric like flax) and a looser blouse with a print (flowers, bubbles, whatever you think it fits with the skirt) and basically that’s about it. Add a pretty necklace, a pair of roman sandals like the ones below and you are ready to face the world and show that you are a really fashionista.
5. Dare to be elegant and sophisticated by wearing a beautiful Sailor Moon-like skirt, with a white business style shirt and cream high-heels.
7. For a cute innocent look, try a skirt with a sweet pattern (bows like in the picture or hearts, flowers, bubbles, whatever you like) and mix it up with a simple (unpatterned) top that has a pale colour. Put on a pair of pumps, take a small purse and you are ready.
8. If you like the girl next door look, go for a simple skirt and an XXL knitted sweater (or a loose blouse) that you can accessorize as you wish, but remember : for this kind of look less is actually more, so don’t overdo it.
9. Twiggy style with a classy touch. All you need is a short black shirt and a white blouse with a black collar (you can buy the collar individually like an accessory, it doesn’t have to come with the blouse). The classy touch is given by the material of the blouse (it can be lace or silk or anything else that looks expensive) and by the chain belt. Try to incorporate that chain in other accessories you want to wear with this outfit (for example you can have the strap of the purse made of golden chain or the shoes can have a little bit of chain like in the pictures below).
10. Black short and frilly, with a high waist and a big bow to emphasize the waist line, this skirt can be worn either with a patterned shirt (stripes/dots for a retro or a cowgirl look) or a simple top (for a cleaner look) or a girly classy blouse , it all depends on you.
11. Modern Alice in Wonderland. The skirt is pretty voluminous, but the texture, the colour, the pattern and the vintage air it inspires are pretty good reasons to try out a skirt like this. Combine it with a ruffled shirt or a tight blouse with a retro design and don’t forget to accessorize the outfit (vintage pocket clocks, broaches, pearls, hair pins and so on).
Tight and high-waisted skirts: streetwear